Structural Repairs to Symbister Ferry Terminal
Ocean Kinetics completed a 3 month contract on the Symbister SIC ferry terminal; the lifeline ferry terminal was showing advanced signs of structural damage
A detailed inspection found large areas of undermining to the foundations, damaged concrete structural members and damage to the main lifting ramp ram pockets.
Working closely with local consultant engineers a R.G. Jamieson a solution was found to give the required strength to allow berthing of the large modern ferries. A combined system of structural steel and re-enforced concrete was specified, our marine crew successfully complete the works with out any major disruption to ferry operations working nightshift and dayshift. More than 300 tonnes of high strength concrete and 20 tonnes of structural steel was fitted underwater by our highly skilled diving team.
Contract value £180K
More News Stories
- Bahco Tools Promotion Day Find Out More
- Ocean Kinetics Showcase Services to the Nuclear Sector Find Out More
- Ocean Kinetics operative completes SMAS Lean Learning Academy Find Out More
- Ocean Kinetics Technical Director gains new qualification Find Out More
- Shetland Gas Plant Opening Find Out More
- Ocean Kinetics lecture success Find Out More
- Ocean Kinetics managers undertake learning journey Find Out More