AHS Graphic Communication Students Visit Ocean Kinetics
S5/6 Higher Graphic Communication pupils from Anderson High School recently visited the Ocean Kinetics workshops.
They produced 3D models on AutoDesk Inventor in school of a mobile phone holder in sheet metal
This was converted to SolidWorks format and the flattened out net of the design was sent to the plasma cutter and cut from a sheet of Aluminium
The CNC Press brake was then used to bend the profile to the correct angles.
Joe Robertson said, “The whole experience gave pupils an insight into real world applications of the knowledge they gain during the course. They have been making models in Inventor since S1 and the chance to have these realised in a physical form as well as seeing the machinery and processes involved has been a brilliant experience and we would like to thank all the staff at Ocean Kinetics for this opportunity.”
More News Stories
- Engine Sole Plates Manufactured for Kirkwall Power Station Find Out More
- Modern Apprenticeships Completed Find Out More
- Ocean Kinetics sponsors Shetland Boat Week 2019 Find Out More
- New Electronic Pressbrake Machine Find Out More
- Ocean Kinetics awarded West Burrafirth Cathodic Protection contract Find Out More
- Antarctica Project Underway Find Out More
- New Range of Kemppi Welding Equipment Find Out More