Award for Ocean Kinetics Apprentice
Scott Jeromson from Ocean Kinetics won young apprentice of the year at the annual Energy North awards held at the Kingsmill hotel in Inverness last week. Energy North is a trade body covering the energy sector in Aberdeen, North East Scotland and Highlands and Islands.
Scott is undertaking a modern apprenticeship in fabrication and welding and is in a fast track programme at the Nigg Skills Academy in Ross-shire. A qualified plumber, Scott was with the company for only a few days before moving down to Nigg to commence his apprenticeship. In his first sixteen weeks of training he passed ten welding codings working with different processes and materials in each code. This is a remarkable achievement in this field and it is this performance that encouraged his tutors at the Nigg Academy to nominate him for the award. Scott travelled to Inverness last week where he was announced as the winner in this category and was presented with his award by Sylvia Buchan from DECC. (Department of industry and climate change).
Ocean Kinetics are proud of Scott's achievement and are delighted with the quality of training provided by Nigg Skills Academy which fast tracks candidates from a range of backgrounds into qualified professions within the oil and gas industry. In a very competitive market for qualified personnel the Nigg facility presents an excellent solution for the company's recruitment challenges.
More News Stories
- Hurricane hits Ocean Kinetics. Find Out More
- Ocean Kinetics to host Marine Energy Lecture. Find Out More
- Sullom Voe Terminal in the Early Years Find Out More
- A short article for the Shetland Energy Showcase. Find Out More
- Scottish Government Minister Jamie Hepburn Visits. Find Out More
- Quality pipe welding in the workshop. Find Out More
- Ocean Kinetics head back to Antarctic. Find Out More