Lecture on welding by Doctor Geoff Booth
In association with the Institution of Mechanical Engineers Ocean Kinetics will be hosting a lecture entitled “Lessons from Catastrophic welding failures” on Wednesday 11th May at the Shetland Museum auditorium.
The consequences of welding failures can be devastating.
This presentation will review catastrophic welding failures in:
- offshore structures
It will then draw lessons and illustrate how these lessons have been used to develop current engineering practice and design.
19:00 Refreshments / 19:30 Presentation followed by questions.
Limited Seats - To RSVP or for more information please contact
Leigh Tod on:
More News Stories
- AHS Graphic Communication Students Visit Ocean Kinetics Find Out More
- Engine Sole Plates Manufactured for Kirkwall Power Station Find Out More
- Modern Apprenticeships Completed Find Out More
- Ocean Kinetics sponsors Shetland Boat Week 2019 Find Out More
- New Electronic Pressbrake Machine Find Out More
- Ocean Kinetics awarded West Burrafirth Cathodic Protection contract Find Out More
- Antarctica Project Underway Find Out More