Ocean Kinetics managers undertake learning journey
Two Ocean Kinetics managers have taken part in a leadership development learning journey in Germany.
Production Manager Paul Wilson and Projects Manager Graeme Georgeson attended the Leading Excellence Learning Journey arranged by Scottish Enterprise and the Scottish Manufacturing Advisory Service.
Taking place from the 18th to the 21st of April they learnt about international best practice in leadership and manufacturing excellence through a series of host company visits and meetings.
Visiting three high profile manufacturers, Ford, Thyssenkrupp Steel and CLAAS KGAA, Paul and Graeme gained invaluable insight into staff development and training and “lean” manufacturing.
The companies visited shared their knowledge of how to best encourage and develop talent within the company and how to increase quality and reduce waste in the manufacturing process.
Paul Wilson said: “The trip was a great learning experience and gave us invaluable insight in how to best train and engage personnel from new apprentices to existing staff members. We have also been exposed to a range of new ideas to improve quality and reduce waste which we’ll be integrating at Ocean Kinetics.”
More News Stories
- AHS Graphic Communication Students Visit Ocean Kinetics Find Out More
- Engine Sole Plates Manufactured for Kirkwall Power Station Find Out More
- Modern Apprenticeships Completed Find Out More
- Ocean Kinetics sponsors Shetland Boat Week 2019 Find Out More
- New Electronic Pressbrake Machine Find Out More
- Ocean Kinetics awarded West Burrafirth Cathodic Protection contract Find Out More
- Antarctica Project Underway Find Out More