Ocean Kinetics managers undertake learning journey
Two Ocean Kinetics managers have taken part in a leadership development learning journey in Germany.
Production Manager Paul Wilson and Projects Manager Graeme Georgeson attended the Leading Excellence Learning Journey arranged by Scottish Enterprise and the Scottish Manufacturing Advisory Service.
Taking place from the 18th to the 21st of April they learnt about international best practice in leadership and manufacturing excellence through a series of host company visits and meetings.
Visiting three high profile manufacturers, Ford, Thyssenkrupp Steel and CLAAS KGAA, Paul and Graeme gained invaluable insight into staff development and training and “lean” manufacturing.
The companies visited shared their knowledge of how to best encourage and develop talent within the company and how to increase quality and reduce waste in the manufacturing process.
Paul Wilson said: “The trip was a great learning experience and gave us invaluable insight in how to best train and engage personnel from new apprentices to existing staff members. We have also been exposed to a range of new ideas to improve quality and reduce waste which we’ll be integrating at Ocean Kinetics.”
More News Stories
- Hurricane hits Ocean Kinetics. Find Out More
- Ocean Kinetics to host Marine Energy Lecture. Find Out More
- Sullom Voe Terminal in the Early Years Find Out More
- A short article for the Shetland Energy Showcase. Find Out More
- Scottish Government Minister Jamie Hepburn Visits. Find Out More
- Quality pipe welding in the workshop. Find Out More
- Ocean Kinetics head back to Antarctic. Find Out More