Ocean Kinetics complete works on salmon workboat MV Helen Burnie.
We're pleased to have completed modifications on the Salmon workboat Helen Burnie on behalf of our client, Cooke aquaculture. Owned by Inverlussa but on charter to Cooke, the vessel is being used for preventative treatment for salmon lice on their Shetland and Scottish mainland sites. Previously fish that were pumped aboard for treatment had to be returned to a separate cage. Cooke wanted to have the fish delivered back into the same cage to make operations more efficient. Our engineers assessed the problem and came up with a solution by installing extendable chutes and additional pipework. The vessel is now carrying out successful operations with the modified reconfiguration which is working very effectively.
With over thirty years of working with the Shetland salmon industry since its inception, we have the knowledge and experience to find effective engineering solutions, onshore and offshore. We also work in Orkney and the Scottish mainland. Why not give us a call to find out how we can add efficiencies to your aquaculture operation.
More News Stories
- AHS Graphic Communication Students Visit Ocean Kinetics Find Out More
- Engine Sole Plates Manufactured for Kirkwall Power Station Find Out More
- Modern Apprenticeships Completed Find Out More
- Ocean Kinetics sponsors Shetland Boat Week 2019 Find Out More
- New Electronic Pressbrake Machine Find Out More
- Ocean Kinetics awarded West Burrafirth Cathodic Protection contract Find Out More
- Antarctica Project Underway Find Out More