New Electronic Pressbrake Machine
Ocean Kinetics most recent investment in their Lerwick workshops is their new Safan Darley Electronic Pressbrake. This new generation machine achieves the highest accuracy, and is the fastest operating and most energy efficient of all the new machines available.
The 300 tonne capacity E Brake Ultra machine uses 50% less energy, is all electric with no hydraulics, allows the bending of sheets up to 4 metres long and 20mm thick and works incredibly fast compared to a traditional hydraulic machine.
The machine has CNC controls over all six axes and has an integrated safety system to ensure safe working and achieves a high standard of accuracy for bending and folding operations.
Ocean Kinetics have complemented the investment with additional features such as bend aids to support sheets during the bend, offline software to allow parts to be designed offline while the machine is carrying out other works and a full set of high accuracy tooling.
Ocean Kinetics was the first company in Shetland to invest in a modern pressbrake 20 years ago and has continually invested in the best equipment available to complement their skilled workforce.
More News Stories
- Modern Apprenticeships Completed Find Out More
- Ocean Kinetics sponsors Shetland Boat Week 2019 Find Out More
- Ocean Kinetics awarded West Burrafirth Cathodic Protection contract Find Out More
- Antarctica Project Underway Find Out More
- New Range of Kemppi Welding Equipment Find Out More
- Local Opportunities Event Find Out More
- Ocean Kinetics Design Junior Jarl Squad Axe Heads Find Out More