Ocean Kinetics awarded West Burrafirth Cathodic Protection contract
Ocean Kinetics has been awarded the contract to provide design, manufacturing and installation of cathodic protection for the West Burrafirth pier.
The works comprise the design, supply, installation and commissioning of a new sacrificial protection system for the above pier. This will involve the cleaning and preparation of the existing sheet piles to welding of anodes to the sheet piles.
The pier faces to be protected cover approximately 135m of berth with a maximum water depth of 7.5m below local chart datum. The pier was built around 1986.
West Burrafirth is located to the west of mainland Shetland and is used extensively by local fishing industry and fish farm vessels.
Anodes will give protection to the pier for a minimum of 25 years.
More updates to be provided as work progresses.
More News Stories
- Modern Apprenticeships Completed Find Out More
- Ocean Kinetics sponsors Shetland Boat Week 2019 Find Out More
- New Electronic Pressbrake Machine Find Out More
- Antarctica Project Underway Find Out More
- New Range of Kemppi Welding Equipment Find Out More
- Local Opportunities Event Find Out More
- Ocean Kinetics Design Junior Jarl Squad Axe Heads Find Out More