Ocean Kinetics complete works on salmon workboat MV Helen Burnie.
We're pleased to have completed modifications on the Salmon workboat Helen Burnie on behalf of our client, Cooke aquaculture. Owned by Inverlussa but on charter to Cooke, the vessel is being used for preventative treatment for salmon lice on their Shetland and Scottish mainland sites. Previously fish that were pumped aboard for treatment had to be returned to a separate cage. Cooke wanted to have the fish delivered back into the same cage to make operations more efficient. Our engineers assessed the problem and came up with a solution by installing extendable chutes and additional pipework. The vessel is now carrying out successful operations with the modified reconfiguration which is working very effectively.
With over thirty years of working with the Shetland salmon industry since its inception, we have the knowledge and experience to find effective engineering solutions, onshore and offshore. We also work in Orkney and the Scottish mainland. Why not give us a call to find out how we can add efficiencies to your aquaculture operation.
More News Stories
- Check out our latest company video below and take a birds eye view of our modern workshops. Find Out More
- Dive Truck Support Marine Operations Find Out More
- Ocean Kinetics Offering Alternative Access Solutions Find Out More
- Safe pipe jointing at Ocean Kinetics. Find Out More
- International Women's Day Find Out More
- Scottish Apprenticeship Week 2018 Find Out More
- Aquaculture activity in the workshop. Find Out More