Safe pipe jointing at Ocean Kinetics.
Davie Laurenson completes 250th flange facing job incident free.
One of our most experienced technicians completed another safe and successful flange fitting job in the workshop on Saturday. We worked out that this was the 250th job Davie has completed in the last 18 months with no reportable incidents.
Valve, flange and pipeline repair and maintenance services are a key area of our capabilities. Using our own range of specialised flange facing equipment we can work in the most challenging and tricky conditions. This is an example of a difficult job we completed for BP on SVT last year; 42” flange facing in confined space on SVT.
We are also Shetland agents for SPX bolting systems and carry an extensive range of equipment that can quickly be mobilised anywhere in Shetland at short notice. With a large compliment of fully trained bolting and torqueing technicians we are able to provide a full turnkey service for all pipe jointing requirements.
Our HSE manage David Georgeson said;
“Davie always works safely and conscientiously. We implement a strict health and safety regime compliant with BS OHSAS 18001:2007. Saftey is of paramount importance at Ocean Kinetics and we’re delighted to recognise Davie for his achievement. “
In recognition of Davies commitment to safe working he has been awarded a dinner for two in a Lerwick restaurant of his choice – enjoy Davie, and well done!
If you want to receive more information about the services that Ocean Kinetics offer, please feel free to contact us.
More News Stories
- Sullom Voe Terminal in the Early Years Find Out More
- A short article for the Shetland Energy Showcase. Find Out More
- Scottish Government Minister Jamie Hepburn Visits. Find Out More
- Quality pipe welding in the workshop. Find Out More
- Ocean Kinetics head back to Antarctic. Find Out More
- Salmon Farming and Ocean Kinetics Find Out More
- Marine services and space engineering. Find Out More