Structural Repairs to Symbister Ferry Terminal
Ocean Kinetics completed a 3 month contract on the Symbister SIC ferry terminal; the lifeline ferry terminal was showing advanced signs of structural damage.
A detailed inspection found large areas of undermining to the foundations, damaged concrete structural members and damage to the main lifting ramp ram pockets.
Working closely with local consultant engineers a R.G. Jamieson a solution was found to give the required strength to allow berthing of the large modern ferries. A combined system of structural steel and re-enforced concrete was specified, our marine crew successfully complete the works with out any major disruption to ferry operations working nightshift and dayshift. More than 300 tonnes of high strength concrete and 20 tonnes of structural steel was fitted underwater by our highly skilled diving team.
More News Stories
- AHS Graphic Communication Students Visit Ocean Kinetics Find Out More
- Engine Sole Plates Manufactured for Kirkwall Power Station Find Out More
- Modern Apprenticeships Completed Find Out More
- Ocean Kinetics sponsors Shetland Boat Week 2019 Find Out More
- New Electronic Pressbrake Machine Find Out More
- Ocean Kinetics awarded West Burrafirth Cathodic Protection contract Find Out More
- Antarctica Project Underway Find Out More