Technical Clerk Job Opportunity Lerwick
A new opportunity has arisen for a Technical Clerk/Personal Assistant to provide organizational and administrative support to the Engineering Team and the Managing Director in Lerwick.
The successful candidate will perform a wide range of administrative, logistical and organisational support duties within the Engineering Team. The successful candidate will have some traditional PA duties including arranging meetings, travel and managing communications whilst also undertaking small business change and analysis within the team.
Main Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Organizing and maintaining management diaries, making appointments, manage cancellations/changes to meetings;
- Organize team meetings, distributing agendas, minute taking;
- Drafting and dispatch of correspondence, quotations and reports to clients & project stakeholders.
- Maintaining office systems, including data management and filing;
- Arranging travel and accommodation;
- Manage vehicle fleet, including arranging servicing, insurance, etc.
- Meeting and greeting visitors at all levels of seniority;
- Dealing with incoming email and post, often corresponding on behalf of managers;
- Taking dictation and minutes;
- Carrying out background research and presenting findings;
- Producing documents, briefing papers, reports and presentations;
- Organizing and attending meetings and ensuring the Directors are well prepared for meetings;
- Coordination of new starters to the team; including ordering kit, setting up inductions, paperwork.
- Coordinate management actions, reviews, appraisals and ensure they are completed.
- Liaising with clients, suppliers and other staff;
- Ad hoc administrative activities to support the team.
- Demonstrable PA and analytical experience
- Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative
- Has the ability to work unsupervised
- Good analytical skills with understanding of how to interpret data and strong attention to detail
- Strong organizing/planning skills
- Able to prioritize and organize own workload
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Must be willing to travel occasionally throughout UK
- Able to handle confidential and difficult topics professionally
- Proactive nature, Self-motivated to work alone and adaptable to team environments
- Microsoft Office - all tools including Excel, PowerPoint, Access
If you wish to express your interest in this role, please get in contact with us.
More News Stories
- Hurricane hits Ocean Kinetics. Find Out More
- Ocean Kinetics to host Marine Energy Lecture. Find Out More
- Sullom Voe Terminal in the Early Years Find Out More
- A short article for the Shetland Energy Showcase. Find Out More
- Scottish Government Minister Jamie Hepburn Visits. Find Out More
- Quality pipe welding in the workshop. Find Out More
- Ocean Kinetics head back to Antarctic. Find Out More