World-class engineering to a worldwide customer base
The Ocean Kinetics team is committed to providing the highest standards of service and innovation for the energy sector. As technology and service requirements have changed and progressed, our team and methods have evolved, making Ocean Kinetics a dynamic leader in our field with the expertise and experience to deliver.
We have the resources and skilled operatives to deploy to meet any industry requirement. Our team is scalable and multi-disciplined, with a track record of providing up to 70 qualified tradesmen on contract or, indeed, supplying a quick fix from a single specialist on site for a half day. Ocean Kinetics can provide complete support with both marine and site-based engineering work.
Our long working relationship with the Sullom Voe Oil Terminal and, more recently, with the Shetland Gas plant means we have established a track record of quality, reliability and, above all, safety to the highest industry standards. There are no site-specific lost time incidents on our records and we take pride in retaining that reputation and consistency of service. We have extensive knowledge of both sites and a proven history of providing unique and professional Shetland–based solutions to international quality-accredited standards.
When it comes to working in the energy sector in Shetland, Ocean Kinetics has no mobilisation or accommodation costs, giving us a competitive edge over external contractors. We have our own state-of-the-art and standards-compliant base for fabrication, machining and technical or logistical support.
From our base in Aberdeen, we support our staff for UK mainland operations, recently working in central Scotland with Exxon Mobil. Our comprehensive approach to service delivery has proven effective for clients, with one point of contact for multiple trades making for a lean and efficient service that minimises client workload. We have deployed globally where required, fulfilling contracts in locations as diverse as Antarctica and the Middle East.
Ocean Kinetics provides comprehensive engineering services from design stages through implementation and maintenance, with in-house fabrication, assembly, testing and inspection. Our services feature:
- 2D & 3D CAD, modelling including stress analysis
- CNC HD plasma cutting, turning, milling and forming
- Coded fabrication to ASME IX, EN 9609, AWS D1.1, AWS D3.6M
- Pipework to ASME B31.3 & EN 13480
- Pressure testing, inspection, and NDT
- Extensive plant & tool hire services
- Full mechanical and electrical services for workshop and site works
- Provision of black trades including welders, platers and mechanical technicians
- IRATA level 3 supervisor and rope access technicians
- Multi-skilled commercial divers
- ROV provision for inspection and survey
As a company we invest heavily in our staff development and training, enabling us to hold accreditations in every aspect of the sector, ensuring quality management and consistency of service throughout:
- EN ISO 3834-2 Quality standard for welding
- Structural fabrication to BS EN 1090
- ISO 9001
- OHSAS 18001
- ISO 14001
- FPAL and UVDB verified