AQUACULTURE AND FISHING
Working with and growing alongside Shetland’s most valuable economic sector
Ocean Kinetics was founded as a specialist marine engineering company, working with and growing alongside the aquaculture and fishing industry.
We have introduced and adapted new technologies to become the leading provider of engineering solutions to this very important sector in the islands’ economy.
We have mastered fish-handling challenges in the fish catching and aquaculture industries, and we are experts at developing both mechanical and biological waste-water treatment systems for fish farming hatcheries and factories.
We are dedicated to a greener future. In aquaculture, we are collaboratively developing a clean energy system specifically for the industry. We are working to electrify fish farm barges using renewable energy, cutting the use of diesel-generators.
Our experience in the sector is extensive. Our services include:
- Aquaculture design, construction and installation (both offshore and onshore)
- Fish distribution systems
- Fishing vessels salvage and recovery
- Pontoon design, construction and installation
- Quay repairs and construction
- Cathodic protection design supply and installation
- Underwater welding to DNV and Lloyds standards marine and underwater construction.